Eight more types of cosmetic products found to be adulterated with undeclared, potent western medicine. The findings are the result of laboratory tests of the Pharmacy Section, Department of Scientific Services, Ministry of Health.
1. SSII Treatment Cream
2. Skin Reborn Essentials Rejuvenating Cream Whitening & Moisturiser (Night Cream)
3. Skin Reborn Essentials Facial Solution Deep Cleanser (for night only)
4. Beauche Clarifying Solution Deep Cleansing Agent Helps Remove Pimple
5. Beauche Rejuvenating Cream Whitening & Moisturiser
6. Prestige – Rejuvenating Plus Cream
7. Brilliant Skin Essentials – Whitening Facial Toner
8. Crystal Infinity – Pekas Cream
These products are contaminated with Tretinoin and Hydroquinone which can cause adverse effects that are potentially hazardous to health. The Ministry of Health in its press release has not issued any approval for the importation for sale and/or Cosmetic Notification Acknowledgement Letter for the stated product. Therefore, the products as listed above are not allowed to be imported and sold in Brunei Darussalam. The Ministry of Health would also like to call upon the public for their cooperation to report to the Compliance and Licensing Section if any of these products are still found on the market in this country.
For further information and communication, the public may contact the Compliance and Licensing Section at 2393298 extension 208; send an e-mail to 'firstname.lastname@example.org'; to go directly to 1st Floor, Compliance and Licensing Section, Department of Pharmaceutical Services' Building in Kampong Madaras, Mukim Gadong A; or call Talian Darussalam 123.