The construction of Kampung Tanjung Bunut mosque at the cost of 3.5 million dollars will be the first project built with allocation from the Mosque Construction Fund of Brunei Darussalam. Since its establishment in June 2015 until last month, donations to the fund have reached nearly 5 million dollars. For the ease of the public in making donations to the fund, several collection methods have been implemented.
The previous funding methods are still implemented as usual such as,
- Standing order contributions, money deduction through fixed instruction to the bank on the contributor's account;
- Direct walk-in contributions, donation through direct deposit to the account of the mosque construction fund;
- Having over donations directly to the Mosque Affairs Department, Ministry of Religious Affairs;
- Putting donations directly into the fund collection boxes provided at the mosques and selected buildings;
- Donation through SMS services and
- Donation through salary deduction for government officers and staff and Government Linked Companies, GLC.
All received contributions will be deposited to the Special Account for the fund, either to account number: 00-001-01-0047148 of Bank Islam Brunei Darussalam, BIBD or to account number 002109403102068 of Tabung Amanah Islam Brunei, TAIB. The establishment of the fund is one of the positive ways whereby all parties can play their respective role in giving sincere contributions in line with its objective to give opportunity to the public specifically Muslims in the country to be involved in mosque construction and investing for the hereafter according to their own capability.